Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Smirky73

Default Excel Formatting question

I am setting up an excel spreadsheet. I want 1 cell (Title Cell) to have
wrapped text centered, however I want the remaining cells in that column to
be wider, so all the information shows. When I enlarge the remaining
columns, of course the title cell also widens and the information is no
longer wrapped.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Smirky73" wrote in message
I am setting up an excel spreadsheet. I want 1 cell (Title Cell) to have
wrapped text centered, however I want the remaining cells in that column
be wider, so all the information shows. When I enlarge the remaining
columns, of course the title cell also widens and the information is no
longer wrapped.

Thank you!

If the title cell is wide enough to NOT need wrapping, why force it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

You can force the text to start a new line where you want it to by using Alt
+ Enter--this is the equivalent of a carriage or paragraph return. Then,
when you expand the column, the text will remain split.