Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Naveen Mukkelli

Default Excel 5 and Excel 2000 question.

Hi,

Can we have both Excel 5 and Excel 2000 at the same time?
Currently I have Excel 5 and I'd like to migrate to Excel 2000.
I'd like to make Excel 2000 as default. That means when I double click on any
excel file, it should be opened using excel 2000. However, I also shold be
able to open the excel file using Excel 5. Currently all my excel files are
"excel 5" type.

pls let me know how I can do this. do I have to modify file
associations/registry??
If so pls suggest me how I can do these modifications.

Cheers,

Naveen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

All you need to do is install Excel 2000 in another directory on top of 5.
No registry tweaking or anything is needed. I currently have 97, 2000 and XP
installed on this machine. The last loaded, XP in my case, becomes the
default.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips