Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
montgomerymouse

Default Highlight in Excel When I Use High Contrast Black Windows Color Sc

I recently switched to using a black background in windows.

It's been great. I no longer get tension headaches.

The only problems 've runinto have been in excel.

I can't get the cells in excel to be shaded in colors. For instance, I
can't highlight a cell in yellow.
It will just stay black.

I use Windows XP and Excel 2002.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

It's a known problem in Excel. If the high contrast setting is turned on
you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB
article:

Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in
Office programs
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
montgomerymouse

Default Highlight in Excel When I Use High Contrast Black Windows Colo

Debra,

Thanks, that exactly the information I was looking for.

Do you know if the latest versions of Excel correct this problem?

Thx,
Monte