Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Twoheat

Default On opening Excel, 4 non ".xls" files open that I cannot delete

Occasionally, non .xls files open when I start up Excel. I can close them,
but how do I delete them from Excel start up. And what am I doing to cause
them (.jpg, .wmv, .pdf, etc) from lodging in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Could be that they are Add-ins..........do Tools Add-ins and uncheck
anything you dont want to start up automatically........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Twoheat" wrote:

Occasionally, non .xls files open when I start up Excel. I can close them,
but how do I delete them from Excel start up. And what am I doing to cause
them (.jpg, .wmv, .pdf, etc) from lodging in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

There's a spot where you can specify a folder that will have all the files
opened each time you start excel.

Check under
tools|options|general tab|
look for the "at startup, open all files in:" box and erase anything you find
there--in the box--not in that actual folder.

In earlier versions of excel, that box was labeled "alternate startup file
location" (or something like that).

But this would happen much more than occasionally.

If that doesn't solve the problem...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

--

Dave Peterson