Taarfa

Default Can not open excel files without open application

I need help to open my Excel files in desktop , my documents and others
folders. I have acces to my files only on application by FILE, Open. When I
try to open Excel in an other folder then it launch Microsoft Office 2000.
When I cancel the launch of Office a message shows the path of file and say
the file is not link with a program.
rgarber50

Do your files have the proper .xls extension on them? Have you tried
saving them as a different name and seeing if you can open that file on
the desktop?

Hope this helps
Richard

--
rgarber50
rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11350

garfield-n-odie

With Excel closed, try re-registering Excel in Windows by
clicking on Start | Run | Open: excel /unregserver | OK | Open:
excel /regserver | OK.

Taarfa wrote:
I need help to open my Excel files in desktop , my documents and others
folders. I have acces to my files only on application by FILE, Open. When I
try to open Excel in an other folder then it launch Microsoft Office 2000.
When I cancel the launch of Office a message shows the path of file and say
the file is not link with a program.

Anne Troy

Try these steps:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/f...oft_office.htm