Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Default Checking in other tabs and copying to another tab Is that possible

Dear Excel(lent) users,

The following is the case.

I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. In the first tab I have data about
system tests. In the second tab I have data on acceptance tests. The
structure of the columns in both tabs are exactly the same. Including one
column (for instance 'H')in which we indicate wheter an issue is declined and
returned for further solution(s).

In the third tab I want to summerize all Issues which have been returned due
to non acceptance (i.e. yes filled in 'H' in both other tabs).

Furthermore I want to find out how many times each issue has been
ping-ponged back and forth.

Please help me out !! Thanks!

--
** Fool on the hill **
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

In general, when you have a list and you want to see only the records that
have a certain field you should consider the Data, Filter, AutoFilter
feature. You can use it display only those records and then copy them to
another sheet if you wish. Also, when you want to count items that match
some criterion you should consider the COUNTIF worksheet function.

--
Jim
"Jaydubs" wrote in message
| Dear Excel(lent) users,
|
| The following is the case.
|
| I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. In the first tab I have data about
| system tests. In the second tab I have data on acceptance tests. The
| structure of the columns in both tabs are exactly the same. Including one
| column (for instance 'H')in which we indicate wheter an issue is declined
and
| returned for further solution(s).
|
| In the third tab I want to summerize all Issues which have been returned
due
| to non acceptance (i.e. yes filled in 'H' in both other tabs).
|
| Furthermore I want to find out how many times each issue has been
| ping-ponged back and forth.
|
| Please help me out !! Thanks!
|

| --
| ** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaydubs

Default Checking in other tabs and copying to another tab Is that poss

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for your swift reply.

I have thought of that and it would work if it where not for the fact that
such an excercise needs manual work and I want it done automatically, any
other suggestions?

--
** Fool on the hill **

"Jaydubs" wrote in message
| Dear Excel(lent) users,
|
| The following is the case.
|
| I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. In the first tab I have data about
| system tests. In the second tab I have data on acceptance tests. The
| structure of the columns in both tabs are exactly the same. Including one
| column (for instance 'H')in which we indicate wheter an issue is declined
and
| returned for further solution(s).
|
| In the third tab I want to summerize all Issues which have been returned
due
| to non acceptance (i.e. yes filled in 'H' in both other tabs).
|
| Furthermore I want to find out how many times each issue has been
| ping-ponged back and forth.
|
| Please help me out !! Thanks!
|

| --
| ** Fool on the hill **

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

I want it done automatically

I have re-read your first post and I see no mention of this requirement.
That would account for why I didn't suggest one.

Well, the only automatic solutions I know of involve macros. I don't know
if you're familiar with macros but if you know a bit about them you could
start off by recording the steps involved in doing the manual process. The
resulting macro would then need work to generalize it but it's a start. You
might come back with specific questions at that point if you have any. I'd
suggest you start a new thread at that point since this one will be 'pushed
down' by then and easily missed.

--
Jim
"Jaydubs" wrote in message
| Hello Jim,
|
| Thank you very much for your swift reply.
|
| I have thought of that and it would work if it where not for the fact that
| such an excercise needs manual work and I want it done automatically, any
| other suggestions?
|
| --
| ** Fool on the hill **
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| In general, when you have a list and you want to see only the records
that
| have a certain field you should consider the Data, Filter, AutoFilter
| feature. You can use it display only those records and then copy them
| another sheet if you wish. Also, when you want to count items that
match
| some criterion you should consider the COUNTIF worksheet function.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Jaydubs" wrote in message
| | Dear Excel(lent) users,
| |
| | The following is the case.
| |
| | I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. In the first tab I have data
about
| | system tests. In the second tab I have data on acceptance tests. The
| | structure of the columns in both tabs are exactly the same. Including
one
| | column (for instance 'H')in which we indicate wheter an issue is
declined
| and
| | returned for further solution(s).
| |
| | In the third tab I want to summerize all Issues which have been
returned
| due
| | to non acceptance (i.e. yes filled in 'H' in both other tabs).
| |
| | Furthermore I want to find out how many times each issue has been
| | ping-ponged back and forth.
| |
| | Please help me out !! Thanks!
| |