Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Annabelle

Default Display latest arrival date

CELLS
P5 is the original date and Q5 through T5 are cells for up to four
possible move dates (schedule changes). U5 is the target arrival date.

QUESTION
In U5, I want to show the most current target arrival date. If there
are no schedule changes, this would be P5, but if there is a schedule
slip, I want the most current date to appear. If the schedule slipped
once, this would be Q5; if the schedule has slipped three times, this
would be S5.

Is there a formula that could accomplish this task?

EXAMPLE1
P5 - 02/01/06
Q5 -
R5 -
S5 -
T5 -
U5 - 02/01/06

EXAMPLE2
P5 - 02/01/06
Q5 - 02/05/06
R5 - 02/10/06
S5 -
T5 -
U5 - 02/10/06

EXAMPLE3
P5 - 02/01/06
Q5 - 02/05/06
R5 - 02/10/06
S5 - 02/11/06
T5 - 02/15/06
U5 - 02/15/06

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Annabelle

Excellent! Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Minitman

In U5 put this formula:
=IF(T5="",IF(S5="",IF(R5="",IF(Q5="",P5,Q5),R5),S5 ),T5)
(Don't forget to format P5 - U5 as "Date")

This is assuming you don't need to go any further as there is a limit
of 7 nested IFs in Excel.

This is al sp assuming that the contents of P5 thru T5 have either a
date or are empty. If they have a "0" in them then change the "" to
0.

HTH

-Minitman