Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Minitman

Default Display latest arrival date

In U5 put this formula:
=IF(T5="",IF(S5="",IF(R5="",IF(Q5="",P5,Q5),R5),S5 ),T5)
(Don't forget to format P5 - U5 as "Date")

This is assuming you don't need to go any further as there is a limit
of 7 nested IFs in Excel.

This is al sp assuming that the contents of P5 thru T5 have either a
date or are empty. If they have a "0" in them then change the "" to
0.

HTH

-Minitman

On 21 Feb 2006 05:12:40 -0800, "Annabelle"
wrote:

CELLS
P5 is the original date and Q5 through T5 are cells for up to four
possible move dates (schedule changes). U5 is the target arrival date.

QUESTION
In U5, I want to show the most current target arrival date. If there
are no schedule changes, this would be P5, but if there is a schedule
slip, I want the most current date to appear. If the schedule slipped
once, this would be Q5; if the schedule has slipped three times, this
would be S5.

Is there a formula that could accomplish this task?

EXAMPLE1
P5 - 02/01/06
Q5 -
R5 -