VickiO

Default Exporting from MYOB to Excel the date cell doesn't display as dat.

When exporting a report from MYOB Premier 8 to Excel the date field comes out
as numbers and cannot be formatted to show dates.
Is there an easy way to do this other than deleting all the data from the
date cell, formatting it to date and then manually entering each date?
Gary Brown

Vicki,
What kind of numbers? Numbers like 38414?
Are you sure that the Excel doesn't think these numbers are text and
therefore not correctly formatting them?
If they are text and you change them to numbers, will formating now work?

Gary Brown

"VickiO" wrote:

When exporting a report from MYOB Premier 8 to Excel the date field comes out
as numbers and cannot be formatted to show dates.
Is there an easy way to do this other than deleting all the data from the
date cell, formatting it to date and then manually entering each date?

VickiO

Gary
It happens when a friend of mine exports from MYOB. The data in the date
field only shows up as numerical and she cant format the field to then show
dates. I think Excel thinks it is text and apart from firstly deleting the
data and then formatting the field to show date and then entering data as
date she cant do anything else. We have sat there and gone over each one's
Excel - ie Custom and options and both our Excels are the same. I had come
across something like this a few years ago but cant remember what I did to
correct it.
Thanks
Vicki