Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cisco

Default Update Excel links in Word

I have an Excel workbook that I have cut, pasted, and linked to a Word
document so I can print out the entirety of the workbook in columnar format.
Even though each spreadsheet of the workbook is linked to the Word document,
whenever I add another cell in any of the spreadsheets, it does not update
the Word document. Only cells that were in the original cut/paste/link
operation are updated. Is there a way I can add new cells to the Excel
document and have them automatically update to the Word document? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Instead of copy and paste you can insert a linked object from an Excel
workbook into your word document. That is always updated when you open
the document and you can also update it manually at any point in time.
Plus when you double click it it will open Excel and lets you make any
required changes which are immediately updated in your Word object.

Look into the Word help under "embed" and there under Use linked and
embedded objects. Important is, when you select the workbook, to check
the "link to file" checkbox.

If you need mre assitance come back please.

Hans