Werner Rohrmoser

Default options to update automatic links

Hello,

I'm using Excel XP SP3 and WIN XP SP1

Description of my problem:

Settings in "Options - Edit - Ask to update automatic links"
= "Ask to update automatic links" is checked.

Settings in "Edit - Links - Startup Prompt" can be
1. Let users choose to display links or
2. Don't display the alert and update links
In both cases Excel prompts me to update the links.
What's the sense of the second option?
In Excel XP SP2 there was a difference between
the two options and I wasn't asked, if I took 2nd option.

Settings in "Options - Edit - Ask to update automatic links"
= "Ask to update automatic links" is not checked.

Settings in "Edit - Links - Startup Prompt" is
1. Let users choose to display links
2. Don't display the alert and update links
In both cases Excel doesn't prompt me to update the links
and updates automatically.
What's the sense of the first option?

Does anyone have an idea?

TIA