Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris

Default Automatic Color Change

To Anyone,

I'm using a shared worksbook so I cannot use conditional formating BUT how
do I create a function that turns a cell a different color if the date is
older than todays date...
Currently, I'm using this code to add a date:
Const WS_RANGE1 As String = "L2:L800"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
..Offset(0, -3).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

I'm assuming the code would look similar but I'm not that good... any help
would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

I'm looking for the exact same help. I'm not understanding the answer
though. Here's what I have, we use a spreadsheet to track training dates.
Training expries annually, semi-annual and quaterly. I have the cells
formatted so that the next date training is required will be calculated
automatically. However, there are alot of people, so i'm currently having to
scan through the entire spreadsheet to locate expired dates. This would be
much simpler if the expired dates automatically changed color upon the
expiration date. Is this possible?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Couldn't test it, but try to add these three lines after setting the date:

If .Offset(0, -3).Value < Now() Then
.Offset(0, -3).Interior.ColorIndex = 32
Gary''s Student

"Chris" wrote:

To Anyone,

I'm using a shared worksbook so I cannot use conditional formating BUT how
do I create a function that turns a cell a different color if the date is
older than todays date...
Currently, I'm using this code to add a date:
Const WS_RANGE1 As String = "L2:L800"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, -3).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

I'm assuming the code would look similar but I'm not that good... any help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Depending on the layout of your sheet, you could use Format/Conditional
Formatting.
Post back if you need some help with it.

Andy.

"Chris" wrote:

To Anyone,

I'm using a shared worksbook so I cannot use conditional formating BUT
how
do I create a function that turns a cell a different color if the date
is
older than todays date...
Currently, I'm using this code to add a date:
Const WS_RANGE1 As String = "L2:L800"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, -3).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

I'm assuming the code would look similar but I'm not that good... any
help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Thank you for the help Andy. I applied your suggestion. However, I'm sorry
to report it's not working. Seems like the perfect solution, maybe I'm just
applying it incorrectly.

I have a spreadsheet which contains training requirements for all personnel.
I have two columns for each training requirement. 1st column lists when the
training was conducted. 2nd column lists when training is next due (this
column contains a formula which calculates the date from which training was
conducted).

I've applied your suggestion, which, logically, makes sense. However, it
doesn't work for some reason. I've tried all possiblities in the second
column (between, equal too, etc...). It's possible that I'm entering the
last bit of information in wrong.

"Chris" wrote:

To Anyone,

I'm using a shared worksbook so I cannot use conditional formating BUT
how
do I create a function that turns a cell a different color if the date
is
older than todays date...
Currently, I'm using this code to add a date:
Const WS_RANGE1 As String = "L2:L800"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, -3).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

I'm assuming the code would look similar but I'm not that good... any
help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

What is the formula you are using in conditional formatting? I reckon you'll
need something like this, with your dates in column D:
Formula Is along with =D1TODAY()
Select the whole of column D and then enter the above into the CF boxes.
This will automatically spawn the formula to the whole column for you.

Andy.