Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Color Change

Hi

Depending on the layout of your sheet, you could use Format/Conditional
Formatting.
Post back if you need some help with it.

Andy.

"Michael" wrote in message
I'm looking for the exact same help. I'm not understanding the answer
though. Here's what I have, we use a spreadsheet to track training dates.
Training expries annually, semi-annual and quaterly. I have the cells
formatted so that the next date training is required will be calculated
automatically. However, there are alot of people, so i'm currently having
scan through the entire spreadsheet to locate expired dates. This would
be
much simpler if the expired dates automatically changed color upon the
expiration date. Is this possible?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Couldn't test it, but try to add these three lines after setting the
date:

If .Offset(0, -3).Value < Now() Then
.Offset(0, -3).Interior.ColorIndex = 32
Gary''s Student

"Chris" wrote:

To Anyone,

I'm using a shared worksbook so I cannot use conditional formating BUT
how
do I create a function that turns a cell a different color if the date
is
older than todays date...
Currently, I'm using this code to add a date:
Const WS_RANGE1 As String = "L2:L800"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Offset(0, -3).Value = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")
End With
End If

I'm assuming the code would look similar but I'm not that good... any
help
would be appreciated.