Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ian coney

Default is there a limit to the amount of space in filter

I am using filters on exell.
Does anynone know if there is a limit to the amount of space in the pop up
filter box. I appear to have several lines missing when searching in looking
in certain cells???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

I believe Excel2002 displays up to 1,000 unique values in the autofilter
dropdown list.

There may be some workarounds to get what you want, depending on your data
list structure.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"ian coney" wrote:

I am using filters on exell.
Does anynone know if there is a limit to the amount of space in the pop up
filter box. I appear to have several lines missing when searching in looking
in certain cells???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Yes, there is a limit of 1000 unique items. However, if you use Custom
then Greater Than and a suitable value, you can see the items that are
larger.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish offers some more options at:
http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

--

Dave Peterson