-   -   is there a limit to the amount of space in filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63943-there-limit-amount-space-filter.html)

ian coney

is there a limit to the amount of space in filter

I am using filters on exell.
Does anynone know if there is a limit to the amount of space in the pop up
filter box. I appear to have several lines missing when searching in looking
in certain cells???

Ron Coderre

is there a limit to the amount of space in filter

I believe Excel2002 displays up to 1,000 unique values in the autofilter
dropdown list.

There may be some workarounds to get what you want, depending on your data
list structure.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"ian coney" wrote:

I am using filters on exell.
Does anynone know if there is a limit to the amount of space in the pop up
filter box. I appear to have several lines missing when searching in looking
in certain cells???

Pete

is there a limit to the amount of space in filter

Yes, there is a limit of 1000 unique items. However, if you use Custom
then Greater Than and a suitable value, you can see the items that are
larger.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Dave Peterson

is there a limit to the amount of space in filter

Debra Dalgleish offers some more options at:
http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

--

Dave Peterson