Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steve

Default macros for text

Hello
I have a spread sheet that contains six diferent peoples names in a schedule
format throughout the workbook I would like to change each name to a
different text color with out having to change each one. I would like a macro
that would change the text of each name I select aand chage it in the entire
wookbook. so if I have the name steve inthe schedule 70 times it will go
through the spreadsheet and change every steve to a red text. (hope this
makes sense
--
Thank You
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gwen H

Have you considered using conditional formatting? You could set this up for
one cell, and then copy the conditional formatting to all the other cells
that contain the names.

GwenH

"steve" wrote:

Hello
I have a spread sheet that contains six diferent peoples names in a schedule
format throughout the workbook I would like to change each name to a
different text color with out having to change each one. I would like a macro
that would change the text of each name I select aand chage it in the entire
wookbook. so if I have the name steve inthe schedule 70 times it will go
through the spreadsheet and change every steve to a red text. (hope this
makes sense
--
Thank You
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
steve

no and I wish I would have thought of that when I started the spreadsheet.
but now it is finished untill 2007 for six people every day. when I do 2007
I'll remember to do that.
but thank you for responding.
--
Thank You