Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calendar Question

I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened on the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't have a
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder, but when I
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx") failed etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really has me
stumped.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

What board?

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened on the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't have a
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder, but when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx") failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really has me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi D,

See Ron de Bruin's Calendar page at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened on the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't have a
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder, but when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx") failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really has me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi D,

Did you download the appropriate version of the Calendar control?

Did you copy the Mscal.ocx file to your C:\Windows\System32 folder?

Did you register the control with:
Windows Start Menu | Run | type: regsvr32 mscal.ocx | OK:

---
Regards,
Norman

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened on
the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't have
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder, but
when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx") failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really has
me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

D, I think I also had problems years ago when I tried to register it, some
one offered up this option and it worked for me, maybe worth a try.

New way to install
Tools references, browse to windows system, files of type activeX controls
(*.ocx) pick mscal.ocx calendar

Clicking on the More_Controls icon of the Controls Toolbar in excel, access
Register_Custom_Control... feature - and pick calendar mscal.ocx

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened

on
the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't

have
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder,

but
when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx")

failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really

has
me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul B;
I understand what you are saying but I do not know how to get to tools
references, etc. Can you explain?

Thanks very much

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as recommened

on
the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I don't

have
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the folder,

but
when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx")

failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this really

has
me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

D, From your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code.
This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor.
From there on the munu tools, ref ....

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as

recommened
on
the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I

don't
have
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the

folder,
but
when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx")

failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this

really
has
me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I went into this thought the system32 file already and ended up in the same
place. I looked throughly and could not find it anywhere. I guess I do not
have the MSCal file in my system. Do you know where I can down load it from.
Thanks for all your help.

"Paul B" wrote:

D, From your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code.
This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor.
From there on the munu tools, ref ....

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"D" wrote in message
I am attempting to load the calender program (MSCal) as

recommened
on
the
board. I have followed the instructions carefully on the (I

don't
have
copy of mscl.ocx calendar control) page. I loads in the

folder,
but
when
try to register I get a message that "Load Library (MSCAL.ocx")
failed
etc.

What am I doing incorrectly? Any help is appreciated, this

really
has
me
stumped.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Download from here.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

If you had read Ron de Bruin's instructions you would have found the link at
bottom of the page.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:34:02 -0800, "D" wrote:

I went into this thought the system32 file already and ended up in the same
place. I looked throughly and could not find it anywhere. I guess I do not
have the MSCal file in my system. Do you know where I can down load it from.
Thanks for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I actually did this and get this message Load Library (MSCAL.ocx") failed " ,
it appears that for some reason MSCal does not want to load. Have you tried
this program yourself?
Thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Download from here.

http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm

If you had read Ron de Bruin's instructions you would have found the link at
bottom of the page.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:34:02 -0800, "D" wrote:

I went into this thought the system32 file already and ended up in the same
place. I looked throughly and could not find it anywhere. I guess I do not
have the MSCal file in my system. Do you know where I can down load it from.
Thanks for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Works fine for me.

Download the *.zip file from the site.

Unzip to wherever.

Copy mscal.ocx to Windows/System32 folder.

StartRun regsvr32 mscal.ocx

Note the <space between 32 and mscal

Gord