Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

Default Adding to a list

How would you go about adding to a list from another worksheet?

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottO

More information please.
Rgds,
ScottO

"famdamly"
wrote in message

| How would you go about adding to a list from another worksheet?
|

| --
| famdamly
| -------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
| famdamly's Profile:
| View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

I want to have forms that I design in one work sheet. Then I want the
data that is input into the forms to be compiled into a data base
automatically.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492635

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottO

Do a search in Excel help using "Excel Template Wizard". That should
give you exactly what you're looking for.
Rgds,
ScottO

"famdamly"
wrote in message

| I want to have forms that I design in one work sheet. Then I want
the
| data that is input into the forms to be compiled into a data base
| automatically.
|

| --
| famdamly
| -------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
| famdamly's Profile:
| View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Saved from a previous post--you'll have to change your addresses:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim historyWks As Worksheet
Dim inputWks As Worksheet

Dim nextRow As Long
Dim oCol As Long

Dim myRng As Range
Dim myAddresses As String
Dim myCell As Range

myAddresses = "A1,F9,A2,B1"

Set inputWks = Worksheets("Input")
Set historyWks = Worksheets("Summary")

With historyWks
nextRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
End With

With inputWks
Set myRng = .Range(myAddresses)

If Application.CountA(myRng) < myRng.Cells.Count Then
MsgBox "Please fill in all the cells!"
Exit Sub
End If
End With

With historyWks
With .Cells(nextRow, "A")
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"
End With
.Cells(nextRow, "B").Value = Application.UserName
oCol = 3
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
historyWks.Cells(nextRow, oCol).Value = myCell.Value
myCell.ClearContents 'clean it up???
oCol = oCol + 1
Next myCell
End With

End Sub

I check to see if all the cells have something in them (maybe not required???).

I also add the date/time to column A of the summary sheet and the username
(taken from Tools|options|General tab) to column B.

Then Column C to xxxx go in the same order as the addresses you've specified in
this line:

myAddresses = "A1,F9,A2,B1"

(Change that to match your input worksheet.

(mycell.clearcontents may not be necessary, too.)

wrote in message

| I want to have forms that I design in one work sheet. Then I want
the
| data that is input into the forms to be compiled into a data base
| automatically.
|

| --
| famdamly
-----