Junior Member

Default Excel - Any Help On If Statements

Dont no if this will help - but here's goes.

I am doing an assignment at uni, which involves building a model on excel and then doing a report.

What I am having difficulty with is that you have to convert currency into dollars - which is the only problem I having. You had to import a database with all the data on which I have done and then import a conversion table from the msn website - which I have also done. What I dont understand is that the book which we are using has the assignment more or less in but isnt good on the idea I need. Its says you create an IF statement to convert the currency but I am having some trouble with it.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Martin

Last edited by BONJOVI2005 : December 11th 05 at 08:17 PM Reason: correction
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

You need to provide more specific details.

Biff

--
BONJOVI2005

Junior Member

[quote=Biff]Hi!

You need to provide more specific details.

Biff

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

What it is, is that you import a database and a conversion rate into excel - which I have done.
The assignment is about sales for each company by state - and some of the states need to be converted from british columbia and canada. You are meant to convert these currencies by using an IF statement. I sort of understand the IF function by am not sure how to do this - what is the logical test in thi formula. Would it be that if this cell contains CA or BC then change.

Chers

p.s: British columbia and canada are shown on the spreadshet as BC and CAN respectively.