Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB

Default Copy Data from one Column to another

In a list of names and addresses, my secretary listed entries as follows.
Column A has last name. Column B the first name. Column C the Street address
and so forth. I would preferred to have had both first and last names
together in Column A. Is there any formula that will add the first name from
Column B to the last name in Column A. Thanks for any help ... if there is
any solution to this questions. Over three hundred names to cut, copy
and/or paste

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Having separate Fname and Lname columns can be pretty handy for sorting,
searching, and filtering...so...
Go ahead and make a combo field, but keep the Fname and Lname fields intact.

Insert a column before Col_A
A2: =B2&" "&C2
Copy that formula down as far as needed.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"JB" wrote:

In a list of names and addresses, my secretary listed entries as follows.
Column A has last name. Column B the first name. Column C the Street address
and so forth. I would preferred to have had both first and last names
together in Column A. Is there any formula that will add the first name from
Column B to the last name in Column A. Thanks for any help ... if there is
any solution to this questions. Over three hundred names to cut, copy
and/or paste

Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay

Insert a New Column before your present Column A.
In New Col A - cell A2 enter =C2&" "&B2 and Copydown.