Valerie

Default How do I copy data from one column to another without overlaying?

I have data that is imported into Excel and for some reason, not all the
numbers are in one column but in three. I have been manually moving the
numbers from the incorrect columns and putting them with the other numbers
because I need to do subtotals on the numbers. I think I can create a macro
to automatically move the numbers to the main column but does anyone else
know of a way to do this quicker? Thanks.
David McRitchie

Hi Valerie,
What is the data coming from. What version of Excel.

My guess is HTML or a bad CSV file perhaps created specifically for you,
and without regard to embedded commas. Or perhaps the delimiter used
in the file is not the same as yours.

Does it work if you change the extension to .txt and go through the import wizard.
Is the file online so that we can see what your are working with and perhaps
get a better idea of what you generated in Excel.

You might get a little help from a macro I wrote where items get shoved down
to the next row -- though this does not appear to be what you described.
Delete Empty Cells but don't disturb rows (#DEL95HTMLemptyCells)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delempty.htm .
---
HTH,