Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default Copy Data from one Column to another

Having separate Fname and Lname columns can be pretty handy for sorting,
searching, and filtering...so...
Go ahead and make a combo field, but keep the Fname and Lname fields intact.

Insert a column before Col_A
A2: =B2&" "&C2
Copy that formula down as far as needed.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"JB" wrote:

In a list of names and addresses, my secretary listed entries as follows.
Column A has last name. Column B the first name. Column C the Street address
and so forth. I would preferred to have had both first and last names
together in Column A. Is there any formula that will add the first name from
Column B to the last name in Column A. Thanks for any help ... if there is
any solution to this questions. Over three hundred names to cut, copy
and/or paste

Jerry