Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Default Formula for adding up totals of groups

Hi

Could somebody please help me with the following problem?

I have a whole heap of raw data that looks like this

Client Product Group Qty $
aaa 1 1 66.39
aaa 1 1 103.78
aaa 1 1 78.8
aaa 1 1 96.96
aaa 2 1 54.17
aaa 2 1 29.74
aaa 2 1 28.66
aaa 2 1 30.53
aaa 2 1 41.49
aaa 2 1 28.78
aaa 3 1 57.1
aaa 4 1 25.42
aaa 4 2 14.86
aaa 4 1 14.99
aaa 4 2 5.99
aaa 4 1 41.6
bbb 1 -1 -130
bbb 1 1 81.1
bbb 1 1 124.48
bbb 1 1 97.82
bbb 2 1 70.99
bbb 2 1 22.18
bbb 2 1 22.66
bbb 2 1 36.09
bbb 2 1 27.62
bbb 2 1 70.99
bbb 2 1 70.99
bbb 2 1 27.62
bbb 2 1 21.5
bbb 3 1 90
bbb 3 1 72
bbb 4 1 27.6
bbb 4 1 35.88
bbb 4 10 148.32
ccc 1 1 87.9
ccc 1 1 79.17
ccc 1 1 100.08
ccc 1 1 80
ccc 1 1 451.05
ccc 1 1 350
ccc 2 7 55
ccc 4 1 12.02
ccc 4 1 8.15
ccc 4 1 41.6
ccc 4 1 11.15
ccc 4 1 14.83
ccc 5 0 0
ccc 5 2 771.62
ccc 48 1 166.6
ccc 48 1 224

I would like to create a formula that adds up the total quantity of
client aaa’s sales and in another cell adds up aaa’s the total sales
for each product group.

Then I would like to another cell that adds up the total quantity for
and total sales for aaa’s product groups 3 & 4. Then I would obviously
do this for each client

Please help

Thanks
Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

If you select the data to be totalled, and then select Data, Subtotals,
and select the total options required does that suffice?

koba Wrote:
Hi

Could somebody please help me with the following problem?

I have a whole heap of raw data that looks like this

Client Product Group Qty $
aaa 1 1 66.39
aaa 1 1 103.78

I would like to create a formula that adds up the total quantity of
client aaa’s sales and in another cell adds up aaa’s the total sales
for each product group.

Then I would like to another cell that adds up the total quantity for
and total sales for aaa’s product groups 3 & 4. Then I would obviously
do this for each client

Please help

Thanks
Andrew

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487508

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMay

Get familiar with Pivot Tables. Once you do, you'll use nothing else for
this sort of thing...
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

HTH

"koba" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Andrew

Take a bit of time to learn about Pivot Tables. It will be well rewarded.
You can start by going to
and to

I think this will provide all you are looking for.

Regards

Roger Govier

koba wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Hi guys

thanks for your help very useful!!!!!!1

I used the pivot table but there is one problem, how do i add product
groups together in the pivot table, because right now its showing them
all individually????????????

Cheers
Andrew