Ozymandias

Default My formula doesn't update totals when I change numbers.

To be specific:
If I input 5 in cell A1, and input 6 in cell A2, and input =a1+a2 in
cellA3, the total is 11 for cell A3.

After I do that, let's say I change my input in cell A1 from 5 to 4. The
total in cell A3 should be 10. However, it stays at 11.
I only have this problem on my home computer, but not on my work computer.
This is driving me crazy, as it makes me lose trust in Excel's ability to
automatically update totals.
Chip Pearson

It is likely that the calculation mode is set to manual, not
automatic. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the
Calculation tab. There, ensure that "Automatic" is checked.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ozymandias" wrote in
message
To be specific:
If I input 5 in cell A1, and input 6 in cell A2, and input
=a1+a2 in
cellA3, the total is 11 for cell A3.

After I do that, let's say I change my input in cell A1 from 5
to 4. The
total in cell A3 should be 10. However, it stays at 11.
I only have this problem on my home computer, but not on my
work computer.
This is driving me crazy, as it makes me lose trust in Excel's
ability to
automatically update totals.

Chip Pearson

I should have added that the calculation mode is determined by
the first workbook opened by Excel. So if you have a personal.xls
file, or any file, in your XLStart folder (typically C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart), and that workbook has the
calculation mode set to manual, all workbooks will operate in
manual mode. Test to see what workbooks open (if any) when you
start Excel, and ensure that their calculation mode is set to
Automatic.

--

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
[...]

pinmaster

Hi,
Probably cause by calculation set to manual, try hitting the F9 key.
TOOLS/OPTIONS/CALCULATIONS

HTH
JG

--