skateblade

Default Hide formula

We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.
Peo Sjoblom

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

skateblade

Thanks, but it didn't work . Again, when we copy the cell down the sheet if
the
others cells are blank, then the 37.5 apears until numbers are entered. Can
the formula be "hidden" so cell is blank?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

Richard Buttrey

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:51:29 -0700, "skateblade"
wrote:

We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

See answers in your other thread.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Peo Sjoblom

Where are the numbers entered, the only thing that changes in this formula
when copied down is the cell reference and if M8 is blank then my formula
returns a blank, thus copied down it will change to M9, M910 and so on like
=IF(M9="","",MAX(0,37.5-M9) so it should work

How exactly does the formula look that you copy down, of course if it is not
blank it will return the MAX part, blank means empty and not space or
something

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

skateblade

Thanks again, The M9 cell Contains this formula: =SUM(I13:L13) and there are
nothing in the I9:L9 rage of cells and when I try your formula it returns
37.5. Ineed the cell to be blank if if the answer to the formula is 37.5

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

Peo Sjoblom

Ok, that should be easy to fix, the reason is that the sum formula returns 0

=IF(M9=0,"",MAX(0,37.5-M9)

that would work if the values in I13:L13 never are negative

otherwise use

=IF(COUNTBLANK(I13:L13)=4,"",MAX(0,37.5-M9))

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when
we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay
period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

skateblade

Thanks again for your time.
I tried the =IF(M9=0,"",MAX(0,37.5-M9) formula and excel tells me that ti's
wrong and I should add a ) at the end of the formula. i added it and it works
great now thanks. However, the colum next to it has this formula and it is
now reading #VALUE! the formula in that cell is: =SUM(M9-N9+O9) how can I
change it.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when
we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay
period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

Peo Sjoblom

Try

=SUM(M9,-N9,O9)

or

=IF(M9=0,"",your_formula

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

[...]

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in
message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8)
when
we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay
period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.

Ross

In the cell containing the formula you want to hide:-

Select Format Cells, Protection, click Hidden (leave locked ticked)

Then:-

Tools Protection, Protect Sheet (give a password if you want)

Now the formula should be hidden

skateblade

Thanks again for your time, I used =IF(M9=0,"",MAX(0,37.5-M9) it's great, it
worked. Now in our I have another colum that looks at the one we just did the
formula in it is: =-O9 and this cell gives me a #VALUE. Like the other, can
you please tell me how I can get it blank when there no data in the line of
cells.