ROHIT

Default Hide Formula in Formulabar

I want to hide Formula in Formulabar...

example:I apled formula in B2 to B6 Cell is "=IF(B335,"Pass","Fail")"
A B
1 Number Condition
2 20 Fail
3 36 Pass
4 30 Fail
5 40 Pass
6 30 Fail
7 60 Pass

Now anybody put a cell pointer in B2 to B7, "If" formula is shown in
Formulabar, I want to hide my Formula for no body can see which formula is
appliyed.

Thanking You.

Anne Troy

Hello, Rohit. Copy the cells with formulas, then on a new worksheet (or even
in same location), hit Edit--Paste special--Values.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"ROHIT" wrote in message
I want to hide Formula in Formulabar...

example:I apled formula in B2 to B6 Cell is "=IF(B335,"Pass","Fail")"
A B
1 Number Condition
2 20 Fail
3 36 Pass
4 30 Fail
5 40 Pass
6 30 Fail
7 60 Pass

Now anybody put a cell pointer in B2 to B7, "If" formula is shown in
Formulabar, I want to hide my Formula for no body can see which formula is
appliyed.

Thanking You.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

FormatCellsProtection and check Hidden. Now, when you protect the
worksheet, formulas (and values) in cells set to be hidden aren“t shown in
formula toolbar - you only can see values in cell. (When you format cells
with numeric or text entries in such a way, then you can“t edit entries when
the sheet is protected - you have always to replace the old entry with new
one)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"ROHIT" wrote in message
I want to hide Formula in Formulabar...

example:I apled formula in B2 to B6 Cell is "=IF(B335,"Pass","Fail")"
A B
1 Number Condition
2 20 Fail
3 36 Pass
4 30 Fail
5 40 Pass
6 30 Fail
7 60 Pass

Now anybody put a cell pointer in B2 to B7, "If" formula is shown in
Formulabar, I want to hide my Formula for no body can see which formula is
appliyed.

Thanking You.

ROHIT

Hello

Thanks for your advice...

But I want to use formula in other cell (through fill handel), If we protect
sheet after protect cell with hiden option,No body can editing.

I want anybody use formula but they cannot know which formula is applied.

Thanking you

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

FormatCellsProtection and check Hidden. Now, when you protect the
worksheet, formulas (and values) in cells set to be hidden arenĀ“t shown in
formula toolbar - you only can see values in cell. (When you format cells
with numeric or text entries in such a way, then you canĀ“t edit entries when

"ROHIT" wrote in message
I want to hide Formula in Formulabar...

example:I apled formula in B2 to B6 Cell is "=IF(B335,"Pass","Fail")"
A B
1 Number Condition
2 20 Fail
3 36 Pass
4 30 Fail
5 40 Pass
6 30 Fail
7 60 Pass

Now anybody put a cell pointer in B2 to B7, "If" formula is shown in
Formulabar, I want to hide my Formula for no body can see which formula is
appliyed.

Thanking You.

ROHIT

Hello,

Anne Troy

I know that, But after paste special we cant use fill handal for use formula
again.

I want formula is till continieu and its cant seen anybody...

thanking you

"ROHIT" wrote in message
I want to hide Formula in Formulabar...

example:I apled formula in B2 to B6 Cell is "=IF(B335,"Pass","Fail")"
A B
1 Number Condition
2 20 Fail
3 36 Pass
4 30 Fail
5 40 Pass
6 30 Fail
7 60 Pass

Now anybody put a cell pointer in B2 to B7, "If" formula is shown in
Formulabar, I want to hide my Formula for no body can see which formula is
appliyed.

Thanking You.

JE McGimpsey

I don't think you can get what you want using XL. XL was never designed
or implemented as a secure platform.

Even if you were to protect your sheet after applying the hidden
property to your cells, that protection can be overridden by anyone with
enough gumption to find these groups:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html