Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Techmanblues

Default Missing format and symbols

I have Office 2002 at work and just bought a new computer at home that comes
with Office 2003. I notice that there are a lot of fonts missing in Office
2003 and many symbols in Excel such the various dollar signs in the Cell
formatting Currency field. How do I get these fonts and format in Office 2003
in general and in Excel in particular? I use Excel alot so it's important
that I can open workbooks that are created at work without any changes in
formating. Why would a newer version of Office have less choices in terms of
fonts and formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Your computer probably came without many of the "good" fonts installed.
Under Settings Fonts install:

symbol, wingdings1, wingdings2, wingdings3, and arial unicode ms

And be sure to check out:

http://www.alanwood.net/demos/wingdings.html
--
Gary''s Student

"Techmanblues" wrote:

I have Office 2002 at work and just bought a new computer at home that comes
with Office 2003. I notice that there are a lot of fonts missing in Office
2003 and many symbols in Excel such the various dollar signs in the Cell
formatting Currency field. How do I get these fonts and format in Office 2003
in general and in Excel in particular? I use Excel alot so it's important
that I can open workbooks that are created at work without any changes in
formating. Why would a newer version of Office have less choices in terms of
fonts and formatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

If the computer did not have those fonts installed he won't be able to see the
wingding characters on the left side on his computer -- is that the point,
or is the point trying to discourage all use of wingdings.

And it will also make a difference which browser he uses. Since wingdings is a
Microsoft font he would have to use Internet Explorer. .
---
HTH,