Big Rick

Default Text to Columns ???

Hello All
The results of my formulas are time worked in the format of 12.00 or 8.00 etc
As the results are centered in the cell, is it possible to have the decimal
point in line every time.
Obvioulsy if the results are less than 10 hours, they would line up normally.
If however, the results are over 10 hours, the whole figure is centered in
the cell misaligining the decimal point.
If this is possible, please can you explain how. I have tried using Text To
Columns, but cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanking you in anticipation
--
Big Rick
pameluh

Format | Cells | Number | Category: Number | Set decimal places to 2 | OK

Then,

Format | Cells | Alignment Tab | Horizontal: Right (Indent) | OK

Cheers!

Pamela :)

"Big Rick" wrote:

Hello All
The results of my formulas are time worked in the format of 12.00 or 8.00 etc
As the results are centered in the cell, is it possible to have the decimal
point in line every time.
Obvioulsy if the results are less than 10 hours, they would line up normally.
If however, the results are over 10 hours, the whole figure is centered in
the cell misaligining the decimal point.
If this is possible, please can you explain how. I have tried using Text To
Columns, but cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanking you in anticipation
--
Big Rick

SteveG

Rick,

You can format the cells as:

0.00____ (four underscores)

This will give the appearance that the numbers are centered with the
decimals lined up. Switch from Center Align to Right Align. Highlight
and right click on the cells you wish to format. Format Cells/Custom
and type the above in the Type field.

There may be a better way but that seemed to work for me.

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Big Rick

A thousand thanks to you both.
I'm assuming by your answers that Text To Columns is for something
completely different !!
--
Big Rick