Tim B.

Default How do I set text to fit columns?

I've searched the forums, but I am just having a bit of trouble asking what I
want to do. (I don't use Excel as much as Word, so I'm a bit rusty.)

I'm creating an informational spreadsheet whose cells are full of a lot of
wordly information that should be broken onto multiple lines to be able to
fit into the confines of the column I've sized for it. I can drag each cell
down to have more width, but I cannot figure out how to make the text fill up
the newly fattened cell; that is, to have several line breaks instead of just
neverending text on one line. I know it's possible (or, I think I know) but
I forget how it's done. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate it.

-Tim
Paul B

Tim, to get a new line within a cell use Alt+enter

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Tim B." <Tim wrote in message
[...]

Ron de Bruin

Hi Tim

You can use Alt Enter in a cell to start a new line in the same cell

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tim B." <Tim wrote in message ...
I've searched the forums, but I am just having a bit of trouble asking what I
want to do. (I don't use Excel as much as Word, so I'm a bit rusty.)

I'm creating an informational spreadsheet whose cells are full of a lot of
wordly information that should be broken onto multiple lines to be able to
fit into the confines of the column I've sized for it. I can drag each cell
down to have more width, but I cannot figure out how to make the text fill up
the newly fattened cell; that is, to have several line breaks instead of just
neverending text on one line. I know it's possible (or, I think I know) but
I forget how it's done. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate it.

-Tim

Tim B.

Thanks Paul and Ron!

I also was poking around in the cell settings and turned on Word Wrap, which
has done most of the work for me. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Tim