MarkT

Default color/shade cell upon input

Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark
Bob Phillips

Mark,

You could with a Not equal test against a value of "", or a formula of
=LEN(A1)=0

But ... this might slow your spreadsheet down a bit, and it will highlight
all cells that aren't empty, even ones that look empty but have a formula.

--

HTH

RP

"MarkT" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in

the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order

pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every

cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

exceluserforeman

Hi,
You could send me the workbook and any info regarding its use. i could
create a userform for uers to use. See my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com.excelmarksway

email:

Any information received is not shared with any persons, either living or
presumed dead.

Try this

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksw...DataPanels.xls

It doesn't make any cells colored but I coud Modify it. It uses the
intersection of the column and row headers. You can then insert data at this
junction using the utility.

- - Mark

"MarkT" wrote:

Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

MarkT

Thanks Bob, but I do have many cells that are blank that will need to remain
blank/non shaded.

I was hoping there was a way to shade a cell only if the user enters in a
number/text in the cell.

Thanks again,

"MarkT" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in

the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order

pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every

cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

Bob Phillips

What I suggested should work. It will leave the blank ones alone, my point
was that it would shade some that might have a formula that resolves to
blank, so they look empty, but aren't in reality.

--

HTH

RP