-   -   color/shade cell upon input (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/53425-color-shade-cell-upon-input.html)

MarkT

color/shade cell upon input

Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

Bob Phillips

color/shade cell upon input

Mark,

You could with a Not equal test against a value of "", or a formula of
=LEN(A1)=0

But ... this might slow your spreadsheet down a bit, and it will highlight
all cells that aren't empty, even ones that look empty but have a formula.

--

HTH

RP

"MarkT" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in

the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order

pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every

cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

exceluserforeman

color/shade cell upon input

Hi,
You could send me the workbook and any info regarding its use. i could
create a userform for uers to use. See my stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com.excelmarksway

email:

Any information received is not shared with any persons, either living or
presumed dead.

Try this

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksw...DataPanels.xls

It doesn't make any cells colored but I coud Modify it. It uses the
intersection of the column and row headers. You can then insert data at this
junction using the utility.

- - Mark

"MarkT" wrote:

Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

MarkT

color/shade cell upon input

Thanks Bob, but I do have many cells that are blank that will need to remain
blank/non shaded.

I was hoping there was a way to shade a cell only if the user enters in a
number/text in the cell.

Thanks again,

"MarkT" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in

the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order

pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every

cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

MarkT

color/shade cell upon input

I will forward a copy of the spreadsheet that I am having trouble with.

Thanks for your help!

"MarkT" wrote:

Greetings,

I have a rather busy worksheet that we use for entering in quantities for
different components and products needed for a manufacturing job.

I would like to have any and all cells shaded in when the user enters in the
quantity into that cell. The cell would need to be shaded/color added for
both viewing and for printing. I would like this so that the order pickers
would be able to easily see items needed for the job.

Is this possible without using a conditional formula on each and every cell
in the spreadsheet?

As in the past, thanks in advance for all your help.

Mark

Bob Phillips

color/shade cell upon input

What I suggested should work. It will leave the blank ones alone, my point
was that it would shade some that might have a formula that resolves to
blank, so they look empty, but aren't in reality.

--

HTH

RP