Wendy

Default Work Book Category Expanders

I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row
in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually
called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can
anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a
workbook with these expanders.

Much appreciated.
Anne Troy

Hi, Wendy. Try Data--Subtotals (see
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...soft_excel.htm)
or Data--Group and outline.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Wendy" wrote in message
I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row
in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually
called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can
anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a
workbook with these expanders.

Much appreciated.

Wendy

Hi Anne,

You rock. Thank you so much for helping me out and responding so quickly!!
A colleague had called these subtotals 'sqeezums', but I was pretty sure the
name wasn't right.

Wendy

"Wendy" wrote in message
I need to create a workbook that has expanders on the vertical numbered row
in a blank Excel document. I don't know what these expanders are actually
called, but they look like little boxes with plus signs on them (+). Can
anybody help me or point me in the direction of resources to format a
workbook with these expanders.

Much appreciated.

Anne Troy

LOL!! But I love that name even better than the "marching ants" that get
around cells when you copy 'em.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com