Ken

Default Master worksheet automatically enters data into sub worksheets

I've seen some similar postings but not specific enough.
I have a master worksheet with a lot of data. There are four sub area
worksheets that are blank. All data is kept on the master. Data only goes
into a sub worksheet as needed, so all data does not go into all the sub
worksheets.
All worksheets have one common column that has a unique identifier for that
row of data.
I need to be able to take the unique identifier from the Master worksheet
and enter the identifier on a sub worksheet and all matching column entries
for that identifier's row to enter on the row on the sub worksheet.
Also, if the same data is on a row in the Master worksheet and on a row in
a sub worksheet, both rows with the unique identifier, as a change is made on
the master it changes on the sub worksheet.

I know this is complicated and would probably work better in Access but I
have to look at who the end users are.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Dave Peterson

First, this isn't the response you want.

But I wouldn't separate my data into multiple worksheets. I'd keep it all in
one worksheet--then use Data|Filter|autofilter to show/hide the stuff I wanted
to see (or hide).

I've found that having multiple worksheets with the same information is just a
problem waiting to happen. When you find that the data is out of sync, you'll
see that it becomes difficult to determine which version is correct.

But....

I have split the data into multiple worksheets (for report distribution--not for
updates).

If you want to split the data from one worksheet into many worksheets based on a
column, then both Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin may have solutions for you:

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

And Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--