Charles Smittenaar

Default Conditional formatting capability for 20+ conditions not just 3.

I have a spreadsheet that I use to schedule workers. This spreadsheet is
setup with conditional formatting for 3 of the positions. However, I have to
manually go thru and change the formatting for the others which at times can
be over 20 positions. To be able to assign conditional formatting for all
possiblilties in the same cell would be great.

Example cell contains schedule tasks indicated by letter codes.
"I" would display Green background
"R" would display Light Blue background
"V" would display Medium Blue background
"N" would display Yellow background
"ST" would display Tan background
"SLR" would display Light Orange background
"BP" would display Dark Blue background
etc...

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

David McRitchie

Hi Charles,

You could possibly use a Change Event macro
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case

or you could install an addin that works the same as condition formatting
without the limit of three "wishes". take a look at CFPlus - Extended Conditional Formatter, Bob Phillips
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html
---
HTH,

"Charles Smittenaar" <Charles wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I use to schedule workers. This spreadsheet is
setup with conditional formatting for 3 of the positions. However, I have to
manually go thru and change the formatting for the others which at times can
be over 20 positions. To be able to assign conditional formatting for all
possiblilties in the same cell would be great.

Example cell contains schedule tasks indicated by letter codes.
"I" would display Green background
"R" would display Light Blue background
"V" would display Medium Blue background
"N" would display Yellow background
"ST" would display Tan background
"SLR" would display Light Orange background
"BP" would display Dark Blue background
etc...

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Charles Smittenaar

Default Conditional formatting capability for 20+ conditions not just

David,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have downloaded the addin and will try it
soon.

Thanks again,
Charles Smittenaar