Sue

Default Conditional formatting wth more than 3 conditions

1. I have a workbook with data that is linked from other workbooks. In this
final one I have linked the color score (e.g. RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW) which
appears with a background of white. I need the background to appear in the
color that is linked but conditional formatting permits only 3 conditions.
How do I apply the 4th condition.

2. In addition, I have a workbook that based on dates and % complete there
is an adjacent cell that is a color coded score.

For instance: Cell A1=Sep-05, A2-Sep-30, Cell f2=0% = Result in the case for
cell g2 would be green since this task has started.
If I had A3=Aug-8, A3=Sep-30, cell f3=0% = result in cell g2 should be RED
since it has not started.
Again this is more than 4 conditions and I need the g cells to reflect a
color.

Any assistance on either problem will be appreciated.

Sue

Temp

You can have three conditional formats PLUS the underlying default
format - that's four :-)

Sue

Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm not sure I fully understand.
I can set the 3 conditional formats using Blue, Green and Yellow and have the
default format in Red or another of the colors if I choose? How do I set the
default format (probably a silly question but I ask just the same).

Thanks for you assistance

"Temp" wrote:

You can have three conditional formats PLUS the underlying default
format - that's four :-)

Andy Wiggins

The default format is the default format - it's the one that's already
there. If you don't like the settings, right click on the cell and select
"Format Cells"

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com