Danzguy

Default Conditional formatting: I have five conditions, how to do this?

I'm trying to set up conditional formatting in a worksheet but Excel supports
only three conditions. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? BTW - three
of my conditions result in the same color, if that helps. Thanx for your
consideration!
JE McGimpsey

You can use VBA - search the archives:

http://google.com/advanced_group_sea...ugroup=*excel*

or look at David McRitchie's site:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm#extend

or, perhaps, you can get away with using a mix of conditional and Custom
formatting:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

In article ,
"Danzguy" wrote:

I'm trying to set up conditional formatting in a worksheet but Excel supports
only three conditions. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? BTW - three
of my conditions result in the same color, if that helps. Thanx for your
consideration!

Neil

If you have only five possible conditions, and three of those reult in the
same colour then you could set the format of the cell to default to the
colour that is caused by the three 'common' conditions, then use conditional
formatting to change if for just the other two conditions

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk