Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Axis formatting

Excel 2010, Windows 7

I frequently make scatter plots (the first option in the "X Y
(Scatter)" row), and I don't understand the automatic formatting of
the x axis. My x values typically range from 50 or 60 to 70 or 80,
yet very often (not always) Excel jams all the points over at the
right edge and starts the x axis at 0, so that the graph is mostly
empty space.

I've been grumbling at that and setting the axis myself, but it's a
nuisance. Is there any way to tell Excel that it shouldn't try to
include 0 on the x axis?

Here's a sample data set:

67 10
72 12
75 14
74 11
71 12
68 10.5
69 11.5
66 10
70 10.5
66 10
71 12.5
72 13
78 15
73 11.5
66 9.5
64 9
67 10.5
68 11.5
71 12
73 11
77 14
72 11.5
71 10.5
70 12
69 11

The x range is 64 to 78, but Excel chose to set the axis to 0 to 82.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Formatting Axis readystate Charts and Charting in Excel 1 July 8th 08 08:26 PM
Formatting X Axis sony654 Charts and Charting in Excel 2 September 23rd 07 02:34 AM
Formatting Axis damo Excel Programming 0 April 26th 06 09:16 AM
Formatting X and Y axis' Joey041 Charts and Charting in Excel 1 February 19th 05 05:29 AM
Formatting of x axis Charles Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 14th 05 01:03 PM