Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Formatting Axis

I am building a Line Chart on Excel 2003 with data from multiple sales
divisions trying to show their growth in month to month sales. At the same
time, I want to include a line for the total company but when I do, the lines
for the divisions are all clumped together. How do I show, for instance, a
set of four numbers running with dollars ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000
for each month and then show the main company summed at $10,000,000 per month
without having the first 4 lines all bunched together? Is there a way to
omit the values from $4,000,000 to $9,000,000?

Hope I explained it right. I appreciate any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
readystate said:
I am building a Line Chart on Excel 2003 with data from multiple sales
divisions trying to show their growth in month to month sales. At the same
time, I want to include a line for the total company but when I do, the lines
for the divisions are all clumped together. How do I show, for instance, a
set of four numbers running with dollars ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000
for each month and then show the main company summed at $10,000,000 per month
without having the first 4 lines all bunched together? Is there a way to
omit the values from $4,000,000 to $9,000,000?

You can omit the values using the techniques described he

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...axis/tutorial/
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

But it may be better just to have two charts.

--
Del Cotter