Sabrina

Default How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting worksh

Here is my case:
I already have 2 worksheets both include 2 columns: Cell & Site Name.

WorkSheet A includes all the cells and site names;
WorkSheet B includes only a small portion of Cells. Now what I need to do is
to get the site name for each cell in worksheet B. I don't want to manually
copy & paste.

Is there any way to speed up?
Thanx!

Cell Site Name
T50MB7
T73MA7
T73MA8
T73MA9
T04MV9
T04MW7
T34MK7
T34MK8
T51ME1
T51ME2
T51ME3
T04MV1
T34OR2
T34OR7
T34OR8

Elisabeth

Sabrina, you can use the VLOOKUP formula to fill in your Site Names in
Worksheet B.

Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$5,2,FALSE)

A2 would be the first Cell in Worksheet B
Sheet1!$A$2:$B$5 would be the complete list (range) in Worksheet A
2 represents the column number of the data you are "calling" from Worksheet A
FALSE setting allows you to get correct results if your range in Worksheet A
isn't sorted in ascending order

Excel's help system does a pretty good job of explaining how to use the
VLOOKUP formula as does several Excel books out there. Hope this helps!
--
Elisabeth