Kelli

Default adding text

I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o having to
type the whole column over. Is this possible
Dave O

Yes: supposing your column of numbers is col. A, in a different column
type
="shercs"&A1

FSt1

hi,
i would guess that the easiest, least complicated way would be to use the a
formula
assuming that your column of numbers is in column A.
Add a column after column A.
in the blank cell B2 enter....
="shercs" &A2) or =A2 & "shercs" depencing which side of the number you want
shercs on.
then copy down.
copy column the pastespecial paste as values. this will turn the forumlas in
to hard data.

Retards
FSt1

"Kelli" wrote:

I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o having to
type the whole column over. Is this possible

Jay

I have a column of numbers. I want to add "shercs" to them all w/o
having to type the whole column over. Is this possible

One way is to use:
Format cells Number Custom
And put something like this in the "Type"
#,##0.00 "shercs"

This changes the display of the numbers, but the cells still are numeric.
So you can use them in arithmetic formulas.