Andreas

Default Adding text in formulas

Is there anyway to write a forumla that "adds" text instead of numbers?
ex: If cell 1A contains the text "ABC" and cell 1B contains the text "DEF".
can i add the two text strings into cell 1C so that it appears as "ABCDEF" ?

I'm making a database over a new filenameing structure where the file name
is composed of different abreviations. ex 480AAC01 = State no 4, Town 80,
type of map A, grid AA, sheet 1. sitting and typing this i very tedious but
if i had a forumula this could be done in an instant.

any takers? any suggestions? Please help!

Cheers!

Andreas

I found a command under "Insert" - "Funktion" and a command called "combine"
(PS. i'm using the swedish version. so this is a translation and not
nessicarly the correct commad)

the forumla to be typed in the "host" cell is:

=COMBINE(A1;B1;C1)

This command takes the contents of a cell and merges it with the other
selected cells in the "host" cell. This works with numbers as well as long as
the cell is formated for text. I don't know if it works otherwise