macaleer16

Default Adding a lot of text to MS Excel cells

I need to add a significant amount of text in just one cell but at a certain
point the text will no longer display in the cell. You have to click on the
cell and view it in the formula bar at the top. I can't figure out how to
increase the character limit so that the text can be viewed directly from the
spreadsheet?
JE McGimpsey

XL's specifications allow 32,767 characters in a cell, of which 1024 can
be displayed/printed.

However, if you insert a line feed (ALT-ENTER or OPTION-RETURN) at least
every 1024 characters, you can extend that.

In article ,
"macaleer16" wrote:

I need to add a significant amount of text in just one cell but at a certain
point the text will no longer display in the cell. You have to click on the
cell and view it in the formula bar at the top. I can't figure out how to
increase the character limit so that the text can be viewed directly from the
spreadsheet?

Dave Peterson

What happens to the cell when you add too much?

If it displays #######, then change the format to General (from Text).

If it looks like the last few lines are just dropped/ignored, try adding some
alt-enters (to force new lines in the cell).

And remember you can change the font size to something smaller to see more.

--

Dave Peterson