R.P.McMurphy

Default Auto enter date?

Hi! me again!

is there any way i can get excel to auto enter dates that jump by 7 days
every 7th cell along?

cheers

steve

R.P.McMurphy

Ive worked part of this out.
in cell G1

=DATE(105,1,3)

in cell M1

=G1+(WEEKDAY(G1)=1)*7-WEEKDAY(G1)+1

but its displaying the time...i just want the date....

steve
"R.P.McMurphy" wrote in message
Hi! me again!

is there any way i can get excel to auto enter dates that jump by 7 days
every 7th cell along?

cheers

steve

Sandy Mann

Your formula returns 9/1/2005 for me which, by my way of counting, is a jump
of 6 days not seven.

If by 'auto enter dates' you mean a formula that it can be dragged along,
try:

=IF(MOD(COLUMN()-COLUMN($G$1),6)=0,$G$1+COLUMN()-COLUMN($G$1),"")

or am I missing something?

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"R.P.McMurphy" wrote in message
Ive worked part of this out.
in cell G1

=DATE(105,1,3)

in cell M1

=G1+(WEEKDAY(G1)=1)*7-WEEKDAY(G1)+1

but its displaying the time...i just want the date....

steve
"R.P.McMurphy" wrote in message
Hi! me again!

is there any way i can get excel to auto enter dates that jump by 7 days
every 7th cell along?

cheers

steve

R.P.McMurphy

I used

=S1+(WEEKDAY(S1)=2)*8-WEEKDAY(S1)+1

which works ok. i just copy it to the next cell along.

steve