Colin2u

Default date auto change

in cell a1 is date (6/15/05), i would like to have that date be auto
matically change as each month arrives. if this month is June, when the month
change to July the month changes and not the day so that the due date will
always be the same day each month.
Can this be done
Norman Jones

Hi Colin2U,

One way:

A1: =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()),15)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Colin2u" wrote in message
in cell a1 is date (6/15/05), i would like to have that date be auto
matically change as each month arrives. if this month is June, when the
month
change to July the month changes and not the day so that the due date will
always be the same day each month.
Can this be done

Earl Kiosterud

Colin,

=DATE( YEAR( TODAY()), MONTH( TODAY()), 15)
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Colin2u" wrote in message
in cell a1 is date (6/15/05), i would like to have that date be auto
matically change as each month arrives. if this month is June, when the
month
change to July the month changes and not the day so that the due date will
always be the same day each month.
Can this be done

Earl Kiosterud

Colin,

You say "same day each month," but don't say if it's a constant. I've asked
several hundred people, and none knew what you intended. It occurs to me
that the day might be variable, and the month should change to that of the
current month, but the day should remain what it originally was. In this
case, put the original date in a cell (A1), and this formula in another:

=DATE( YEAR(A1), MONTH( TODAY()), DAY(A1))

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Colin,