mystical_ways

Default How do I get this formula to work? =IF(AT2:AW80<=3.0,AZ2:AZ38+12

Bare with me here, what I am trying to do is, if colums AT2:AW80 are less
than or equal to 3.0, then cells AZ2:AZ38 add 12 to the current number.

The spread sheet that I am working on is for attendance, tracking students
hours. What I need is when I input there hours in the selected cells I want
the cells with there scheduled hours to add 12 every week. If that makes any
sense please let me know. If it dosen't then I will try to re-word it some
how.
Thanks,
Mystical
JE McGimpsey

Since your ranges are of very different sizes, what you're trying to do
doesn't make sense to me - how are the 79 rows in AT2:AW80 related to
the 37 rows in AZ2:AZ38?

When you say "if colums AT2:AW80 are less than or equal to 3.0...", do
you mean something like "if the sum of columns AT:AW in each row is less
than or equal to 3, then add 12 to the corresponding row in column AZ"?
One way to treat that would be to put this in AZ2 and copy down:

=SUM(AT2:AW2) + IF(SUM(AT2:AW2)<=3, 12, 0)

or, equivalently:

=SUM(AT1:AW2) + 12 * (SUM(AT2:AW2)<=3)

If not, perhaps a better description of how your students' data is laid
out and how you enter their hours is in order.

In article ,
"mystical_ways" wrote:

Bare with me here, what I am trying to do is, if colums AT2:AW80 are less
than or equal to 3.0, then cells AZ2:AZ38 add 12 to the current number.

The spread sheet that I am working on is for attendance, tracking students
hours. What I need is when I input there hours in the selected cells I want
the cells with there scheduled hours to add 12 every week. If that makes any
sense please let me know. If it dosen't then I will try to re-word it some
how.
Thanks,
Mystical

Bob Phillips

Here's some code

Const WS_RANGE As String = "AT2:AW80 "

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value < 3 Then
.Offset(0, 6).Value = .Offset(0, 6).Value + 12
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"mystical_ways" wrote in message
Bare with me here, what I am trying to do is, if colums AT2:AW80 are less
than or equal to 3.0, then cells AZ2:AZ38 add 12 to the current number.

The spread sheet that I am working on is for attendance, tracking students
hours. What I need is when I input there hours in the selected cells I

want
the cells with there scheduled hours to add 12 every week. If that makes

any
sense please let me know. If it dosen't then I will try to re-word it some
how.
Thanks,
Mystical

ronthedog

It's difficult to add a value to each cell with a single calculation -
refer to a single cell in your formula and copy it across the others,
if I've read what you mean correctly this should do the trick

eg =if(AT2<=3, AZ2+12,AT2)

Otherwise you may need an array formula which will get complicated!

--
ronthedog
ronthedog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26504