tink13ub

Default formula won't work

Can someone tell me why this formula won't work in cell A189?
=SUM(A44+A88+A146+A152+A171) Zero just keeps coming up as the
answer.

Each one of these cells contain a sum formula too for example:
A44 is =SUM(A3:A43)

Thanks
Linette

Max

Think your formula in A189
=SUM(A44+A88+A146+A152+A171)

is a little superfluous and
should be amended to either:

=A44+A88+A146+A152+A171

or

=SUM(A44,A88,A146,A152,A171)

As to why
Zero just keeps coming up as the answer ..

Pehaps calc mode is accidentally set to manual ?

Try pressing F9, does it now compute properly?

To quickly check / change the calc mode:
Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Ensure "Automatic" is checked OK
--
Rgds
Max
"tink13ub" wrote in message
Can someone tell me why this formula won't work in cell A189?
=SUM(A44+A88+A146+A152+A171) answer.