gibbylinks

Default Calculating times

I have two columns. One which calculates the length of time a job will take
to run on a machine, and the other in which we put the time the job will come
off the machine. At present we enter the time off manually. Is it possible to
calculate the time off automatically (to the nearest 1/4 of an hour) if we
put in a start time ?

Thanks
Bob Phillips

Assuming that the start time is in A2, job time in B2, and they are both
formatted as time, just use

=ROUND((A2+B2)*96,0)/96

--

HTH

RP

"gibbylinks" wrote in message
I have two columns. One which calculates the length of time a job will

take
to run on a machine, and the other in which we put the time the job will

come
off the machine. At present we enter the time off manually. Is it possible

calculate the time off automatically (to the nearest 1/4 of an hour) if we
put in a start time ?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

If A2 is still time (02:00:00) and B2 is 2.3, you could use:

=ROUND((A2+B2/24)*96,0)/96
(format as time)

If both A2 and B2 are not times (just numbers like 2.3), you could use:

=ROUND((A2/24+B2/24)*96,0)/96
or
=ROUND((A2+B2)/24*96,0)/96
or