Lost at Sea

Default Adding specific Cells Only.

I am doing a tally on what my department has spent the past year. The sheet
looks along the lines of this:

Department Item Use (If Applicable) Cost Benefits Area

Administration Two Pt. Buliten Boards $1,700.00 N1, N2, N3, N4
Medication Refrigerator $600.00 N2
Pictures $500.00 N2
Chairs, Furniture/Equiptment Supplies $7,200.00 North Hall

TOTAL $10,000.00

Courtyard $40,000.00 N1
Courtyard $40,000.00 N1

TOAL $80,000.00

Rehab OT supplies for centralized groups including supplies foor physical
diabetes Groups/Activities Splints, excercises,
equiptment, for feeding etc. $3,000.00 NH OT and Art Therapy
Petty Cash 4 Cooking Groups a Month $940.00
Art Supplies All Unit Groups and Centralized art Groups $1,200.00
Portable and Adjustible Sink Beautician $150.00
Large Screen TV $2,000.00 E2
Exercise Bike Gym $700.00
Chairs with Arms Auditorium $5,000.00
Air Pump Compressor $170.00 WH/NH
Digital Recorder Hospital Wide Use $650.00

TOTAL $13,810.00

Now, my question is this: is there a way that I can tally up the totals at
the bottom of the sheet without inclusing the other cells?

--
--"The second hand unwinds..."--

Vaya con Dios, my darling;
Vaya con Dios my love.
Paul Sheppard

Lost at Sea Wrote:
[...]

Hi Lost at Sea

If all the costs are in the same column you could look at using Data
Subtotals your data is not clear enough for me to know if this will
work

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397833

Lost at Sea

I do not think that I am typing that command in correctly because of the fact
that it is not showing up as a formula at all. This is what my sheet looks
like now?

EQUIPTMENT AND NON-SALARY EXPENDITURES

Department Item Use (If Applicable) Cost Benefits Area

Administration Two Pt. Buliten Boards $1,700.00 N1, N2, N3, N4
Medication Refrigerator $600.00 N2
Pictures $500.00 N2
Chairs, Furniture/Equiptment Supplies $7,200.00 North Hall

TOTAL $10,000.00

Courtyard $40,000.00 N1
Courtyard $40,000.00 N1

TOAL $80,000.00

Rehab OT supplies for centralized groups $3,000.00
NH OT and Art Therapy
Petty Cash 4 Cooking Groups a Month $940.00
Art Supplies $1,200.00
Portable and Adjustible Sink $150.00
Large Screen TV $2,000.00 E2
Exercise Bike Gym $700.00
Chairs with Arms for Aud. $5,000.00
Air Pump Compressor $170.00 WH/NH
Digital Recorder Hospital Wide Use $650.00

TOTAL $13,810.00

I just need to aded all of the totals up without adding the rest of the
numbers. Sorry for being a shmuck.
--
--"The second hand unwinds..."--

Vaya con Dios, my darling;