Swingbridge.

Default Showing zero in specific cells

As a general rule I do not want zero's to visibly show in the sheet, but in
one specific column where the (pecentage variance) results of a calculation
show I need to see these results; positive, negative and zero if applicable.
How can I set up that these specific cells will visibily show a zero?
Peo Sjoblom

Select the sheet and format as

General;-General;

then select the cells that you want to show zero and use

General

if you use percentage you the same, semicolon tells excel

positive;negative;zero

Peo Sjoblom

"Swingbridge." wrote in message
As a general rule I do not want zero's to visibly show in the sheet, but
in
one specific column where the (pecentage variance) results of a
calculation
show I need to see these results; positive, negative and zero if
applicable.
How can I set up that these specific cells will visibily show a zero?

Jason Morin

Custom format the entire sheet to hide zero's using
something like:

0;-0;;@

The key is that there is nothing after the 2nd semicolon.
Then select your specific column and custom format it as:

0.00%;-0.00%;0%;@

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA