Vikki

Default Gridline problem

I am using Excel 2002 and it used to work fine when printing gridlines. I am
using a Brother MFC printer and the gridlines used to print fine when I had
it connected through a serial port. I've recently switched it to a USB cable
and now gridlines never print, all I get is a outline around my entire area,
but nothing in between. I contacted Brother and they said they thought this
was a software issue. I'm not so sure, but thought I would try this anway.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have checked
to print gridlines under File, Page Setup. When I display it on the screen
it looks perfect, but does not print the way it displays. Thanks!
Earl Kiosterud

Vikki,

Try it with another printer. If you don't have one, install any printer (in
Windows) -- you'll only be using it for print preview, which uses the print
driver for the particular printer in use to render the printout on the
screen. To select the printer in Excel, do File - Print, select the printer
in the box, then cancel. Now do the preview. If it fails only on the
Brother printer, call them back (you usually get someone different, and
sometimes get luckier anyway when you call back).
--
Earl Kiosterud